So here's a little of what we've been up to (and what we have yet to accomplish) as far as projects go:
ORGANIZING:
I find myself organizing closets and cupboards and getting rid of stuff we don't need. Since I enjoy organizing and making things convenient, a messy closet is an adventure to be had!
BEDROOM SWAP:
In preparation for baby, we also needed to shuffle bedrooms. Ashlyn moved into Braden's room, and Ashlyn's old room is now the baby nursery. Braden and Ashlyn are so excited about sharing a room!
Since I'm a list person, here's an overview of our project lists:
Kids' bedroom project list:
1. Painted Braden's room with colors that worked for both boy/girl (from red to blue)
2. Got new bunkbeds
3. Got a dresser big enough for 2 kids to share
4. Still need to do some MAJOR organization of toys and closets as we combine their stuff into
one room.
5. Still working on decorating the room so it will be a cute boy/girl room. I love this part and enjoy looking through Pottery Barn and other magazines to get ideas.



Click play to view a video clip of the bunkbeds being set up.


It's been a little over a week now since the BIG MOVE, and so far it's been a fairly smooth transition. There have been a few funny moments too, like finding Ashlyn on the top bunk wide awake with Braden conked out next to her. "I couldn't sleep," she announced when I found her up there. Another night giggles quickly turned into crying. I came in and found that Braden's arm was stuck between the bed and wall. He was trying to entertain his sister below, but got stuck instead. All in all, it's been working out quite well and they are loving "THEIR" new bedroom.
BABY'S ROOM:
1. Need to dig our baby stuff out of storage and set up crib, changing table, & dresser-so glad we saved all that stuff!
2. Sorted through clothes
3. Need to decorate baby's room
KITCHEN:
In addition to the bedroom projects, I've been hoping for new flooring in our kitchen since we moved in over 4 years ago. It finally happened!
Here's a before and after shot of our kitchen:
BEFORE:

BIG things yet to do:
1. Find a mini van (we've outgrown the car)
2. Get my garden tilled and ready for spring planting
As you can see, we have plenty to keep us busy until baby comes in just short of 2 months. I will post more pictures of the projects when they are completely finished. Cannot wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment