Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jamie's Surprise Trip to Iowa

One day I got this "wild idea" that I should fly to Iowa and surprise my sister for her bridal shower. Even though I really wanted to do that, I knew that lots of details needed to be sorted out to make this trip possible, and thanks to the willingness of so many people to help, everything worked out! Thanks Sheldon for letting me go and playing "Mr. Mom" for 5 days, and thanks to all our parents for helping to make it happen (the kids loved to have Nana J watch them while Daddy was at work)!



Click on the play button to see a video of Kristin and I re-uniting (we missed the REAL surprise entrance). As you can see, Kristin was very SURPRISED and the trip was a blessing!


Mom, Kristin, and I at the bridal shower

Part of what made this trip so special was the time I got to spend with my parents, my grandparents, Aunt Lisa & Uncle Randy, my cousin Jennifer, & especially my sister (I even got to help her do some wedding stuff)! The weather was beautiful so we "lived life to the fullest," and I enjoyed refreshment from normal life responsibilities. It was also a neat time of year to visit since it was the beginning of harvest season, which I haven't been a part of for years.


We took a 13 mile bike ride on the bike trail near the Lake.


Dad with his combine.



A video of dad in the combine harvesting Soybeans.


Dad hauling a wagon load of soybeans with his tractor.


Field corn, not yet ready to be harvested.