Here are some of the traditions that have seemed to carry on in our household thus far....
Christmas Decorating Thanksgiving weekend.
Making gingerbread cookies. The recipe is from my grandmother, and we love to spruce them up with our favorite candies. I think Ashlyn spent most of the time sneaking the candies!





Snacks and stories around the Christmas tree.

Peppernuts! Anyone heard of this Christmas treat? They are a bite sized cookies made with anise oil and have a very distinct flavor. My great grandmother used to make them, and the tradition has been passed down with each generation. Click on the play button to view video clip.
Although this isn't a tradition, this year was extra special as we were able to celebrate an early Christmas with my parents, who came to visit us last week. We were especially thankful to share time together during this season. So glad you could visit Dad and Mom!
And the biggest celebration is yet to come-Christmas Eve/Day! We enjoy attending a Christmas Eve church service and then spending time with family celebrating our Savior's birth.
3 comments:
oh, this totally put me in the holiday mood! i LOVE the picture of you and braden read next to the fire place / christmas tree.
Thanks for sharing those photos! It seems like just yesterday the girls and I were decorating cookies and making gingerbread houses...my how times fly! I'm happy to see your parents made it out there!
Merry Christmas Nalos family!
Kathy
Sorry again that I can't get the MOM said thingy changed!
Kathy
Post a Comment