Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter: A Time to Celebrate


HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!

I remember excitedly shouting this at church on Easter morning every year as a child. And oh how joyful this statement is.....if only I could remember with a thankful heart EVERY morning what Jesus did for me and for all of us because He loves us.

This holy week has amazing significance for me. It's good to be brought back to the basics of what my relationship with Christ is really all about. How awesome it is that the son of God was given to pay the penalty for my sin. To forgive me, to give me eternal life in heaven, and to bless me with abundant life TODAY!

This year my heart is specifically stirred to remember that I do not need to "just get through the day," only to wake up and do it all again tomorrow, but instead I can take hold of the abundant life God has for me right now.

How will I respond to that? I admit, I have often lost sight of that gift and felt like I was just getting by, or burdened with too many responsibilities and cares of this world to even accept God's goodness; however, I need not live that way. What Jesus accomplished on the cross has freed me from "just surviving" AND so much more. I can be joyful, I can experience His peace, His love, His goodness, and I can enjoy the freedom of forgiveness, all of this and so much more as I'm daily surrendering my life to Him. It's all so simple, yet so SIGNIFICANT that it is sometimes difficult to wrap my head around its entirety.

This I know: because of Jesus, I have SO many reasons to CELEBRATE every day! For HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!

May you also experience the abundant life and freedom He gives. Happy Easter!