"OH, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."
Psalm 136:1
Psalm 136:1
There is SO MUCH to be thankful for, and this time of year reminds me of how my heart should be thankful in all things, not just at Thanksgiving or when things are going as they should. I often pray that I would have a thankful heart in daily life, as it's so easy to get busy and overwhelmed, often forgetting to come before the Lord with Thanksgiving.
Here are some "normal life" photos, all moments of which I'm so thankful for...
Times of helping Daddy in the kitchen: decorating Ashlyn's Birthday cupcakes.
Watching Daddy make breakfast with the new stove/convection oven and griddle(mommy's birthday gifts).
Creative Messes, I mean Crafts: Braden loves to invent things with boxes, paper, and glue! Ashlyn usually joins in on the fun by cutting paper into tiny pieces. The outcome: craft stuff and paper ALL OVER the floor, almost everyday! BUT, everyone is creative and happy, and I'm always amazed at what they make.
Braden's fall tree project!
Ashlyn dressed up in mommy's boots!
We just love having cousins Melea, Lily, and June across the street. They sold their home and are looking for a new one in Portland, but are our neighbors for now. It's so fun to play almost everyday! Braden is showing all those girls how to build a campfire!
Thanksgiving with Sheldon's family! Here is Papa and JJ with all their kids & grandkids(plus 2 more grandkids on the way)!
Making our own candles after learning all about the Pilgrims. Braden is hand dipping this candle. 
Thank you God for these special people and moments (and so much more)! Help me to rejoice in the Lord always, and be thankful IN all things. I once heard it said, "If we find ourselves complaining about our situation or longing for a better life, we need to take a few moments to worship God and allow His goodness to wash over us until we are consumed with gratitude."
"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thess. 5:18
1 Thess. 5:18
No comments:
Post a Comment