Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Meet the Parents

Well I guess I better post a little about us too so you know what we're up to!

Sheldon:
Sheldon continues to work as a commercial claims manager for Nationwide Insurance Company. In May, his office building closed down to cut down on cost, and everyone was sent to work from home. His new office space is upstairs! We are thankful he was able to keep his job and all of us agree that working from home is a very nice situation for our family! One of the best parts is the new commute: a jaunt upstairs rather than a 50 mile roundtrip!

Sheldon has also taken on a new interest this year: Crossfit. In case you're wondering, Crossfit is "a strength and conditioning system built on constantly varied...functional movements executed at high intensity. It combines weightlifting, sprinting, and gymnastics. " Each night he checks the crossfit.com website to see the next day's workout. This allows much anticipation for the agony to come; these workouts are intense! The good news about all this: he's getting so strong and looking very FIT...and I'm likin' it!

Photography is still Sheldon's main hobby. Most of his photography efforts this year have been put toward learning how to creatively light his photos with all different kinds of lighting gear. Lighting makes a big difference in the final look of a photo. When we decorate Easter eggs, play at the park, or make a cake, there may just be a giant sized 9 foot tall studio flash set up to capture the moment with the best possible light! I cannot complain, though because it's so beneficial to have such great photos of our kids....both studio style and also candid shots outside or around the house.

Check out some of his work at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheldonnalos

In addition to photography, Sheldon continues to play acoustic guitar on our church worship team.

Best of all is watching Sheldon lead our family with Godly wisdom. He's such an excellent husband and fun daddy to our children, and I am blessed to be his wife!

Jamie:
I am probably the busiest I've been in my whole life, in a simple sort of way. Most of my busyness happens within the 4 walls of our house. My days start with the early rising of the kids who are raring and ready to EAT! With caring for a baby and homeschooling, along with the regular grind of household chores/meals there's not much time for anything else. However, it really is a laid back lifestyle as there's not a sense of rushing off to somewhere all the time. I'm really enjoying this simple season of life at home.

New for me this year is learning some Crossfit from my personal trainer, Sheldon! I've been able to scale the Crossfit workouts so that they suit me and can be done at home. My goal is to get stronger, and am able to work this in about 2-3 times a week. I can tell a difference, that baby and car seat don't seem quite so heavy anymore! I also enjoy vegetable gardening, reading (when I have time), finding healthy new recipes to cook for the family, and planning lessons for the kids' school.

As a couple, we've enjoyed hosting and leading a Bible study in our home with some other families in our church. What a blessing a church family is!

We are also excited to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary at the end of this month. We both agree that we love our life together!

No comments: