Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ashlyn Kate

Ashlyn is now 2 1/2 and she is just as precious as ever! There are so many things that change so fast at this age. Each day I find myself just smiling at the wonderful little person she is becoming.

Ashlyn loves to play with playdough


One highlight FOR ME is that she's potty-trained! She has been wearing big girl panties for 3 weeks now (except in public and for sleeping). It just dawned on me the other day I had gone 3 weeks without changing a dirty diaper! I'm guessing it's been 5 and 1/2 years since we've been dirty diaper free since Braden wasn't potty trained until after Ashlyn was born. THIS is a milestone for me!

Ashlyn is MISS INDEPENDENT! Her favorite phrases are "I DO IT!" or "ME!". She doesn't want help with anything. She likes to get dressed by herself, put on her own socks and shoes, and do the whole process of going potty alone (including turning the water on and off when she washes her hands), among other things. I guess this makes things easier for me most of the time - right?

To go along with her independence, she often takes initiative to do what needs to be done. I've noticed this at a very young age, but it is really starting to shine through now. For instance, the other day she saw a pile of clean towels on the chair and announced that she was going to fold them and she DID! I hope she stays this helpful.

Last night before bed I was reading an ABC book to Ashlyn and we started to sing the ABC song. The first time she sang it she did pretty well, so I got out the camera to video her and then she decided to shorten the song a little bit!

Click play button below to watch a video clip of Ashlyn singing the ABCs.


Of course, there is so much more I could share about dear little Ashlyn, but these are just a couple of our most recent highlights!

No comments: